The physician’s fee:
- All initial assessments are bulk-billed by Medicare. There is an out of pocket cost for injections and Medicare provides a rebate after the procedure.
- If funded by Worker’s Compensation, NIISQ, DVA or other third part insurers, there is no out of pocket cost for consults or procedures.
- Costs for your therapy sessions will vary depending on whether you are using private health insurance, NDIS, DVA, Medicare or other insurers.
- You will need to be discuss this directly with your therapist.
- Botulinum toxin is subsidised by the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme. You will still need to pay the PBS co-payment as you do for all PBS listed medications.
- If funded by Worker’s Compensation, NIISQ, DVA or other third party insurers, the medication is covered by the insurer.
- Orthoses or other equipment are available through various manufacturers or distributors. Costs for this equipment are payable directly to these suppliers.
What to wear
Loose fitted comfortable clothing
As part of the initial assessment, an ultrasound examination will be performed of the entire limb that is affected by spasticity, so we ask that you wear loose fitted clothing to the clinic for your comfort and convenience. This will also be required for any procedures should you decide on proceeding with botulinum toxin injections.
Referrals are required to access Medicare funding
Even though this is a private medical practice, private health insurance is not required. Medicare funding is available if you have a Medicare card and a referral from your doctor. If you have not yet organised your referral, please do this as soon as possible. Further information about the referral process is available here.
Spasticity Screening Tool
A survey for measuring response to treatment
If you choose to undergo treatment, you will be asked to complete this survey before the initial treatment and then 4-6 weeks after your treatment. It is a series of up to 13 questions and wherever possible should be completed by the patient. You can download the survey here.