The physician’s fee:
- If covered by Medicare, the initial consult is bulk-billed but an out of pocket cost is required for the procedure. Medicare will provide a rebate after the procedure.
- If funded by Worker’s Compensation, NIISQ or MAIC, the procedure is usually covered by the insurer.
- Costs for your therapy sessions will vary depending on whether you are using private health insurance, NDIS, DVA, Medicare or other insurers.
- You will need to be discuss this directly with your therapist.
- Botulinum toxin is subsidised by the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme. You will still need to pay the PBS patient co-payment as you do for all PBS subsidised medications.
- If funded by Worker’s Compensation, NIISQ or MAIC, the medication is covered by the insurer.
- Orthoses or other equipment are available through various manufacturers or distributors. Costs for this equipment are payable directly to these suppliers.
- NeuroRehabilitation Sunshine Coast rooms are at located at Suite 22, 16 Innovation Parkway, Birtinya.
- A clinic is held at Hervey Bay Physio, which is located at 3/7-9 Bideford Street, Torquay.
Spasticity Screening Tool
A survey for measuring response to treatment
If you choose to undergo treatment, you will be asked to complete this survey before the initial treatment and then 4-6 weeks after your treatment. It is a series of up to 13 questions and wherever possible should be completed by the patient. You can download the survey here.